Thursday, July 06, 2006

Holiday!

Wonderful: on holiday at the moment.

What have I been doing? Sunbathing in the Bahamas? Scuba diving in the Maldives? No, I'm at home, watching my Dad spot weld his car. Scintillating, not least because everytime he upped the voltage, he blew the fuses. Right when Baghdatis was match point against Hewitt. I had to change the fuse (I'm a hands on girl like that!) three times!

Yesterday, I took my niece out of school (ooh, truanting) and took her to the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. Wow do my feet ache. We saw dinosaurs, medical implements, a biplane suspended above our heads with string and lots of clocks and other things besides.

As is customary when visiting a museum, you buy a pencil/sharpener/rubber (delete as applicable) to remind you of your day. Unfortunately the plastic bag they were placed in had air holes in it, exactly the right size for a couple of pencils to gently slide out. If you were in London on Wednesday and found one silver and ond gold Natural History Museum pencils, they were mine. Blub.

No comments: